Wonderful World of Watkins Train, Carousel & Miniature Golf
|A notice to our patrons
The Wonderful World of Watkins C.P. Huntington replica miniature Train and the historic Gustav Dentzel Carousel that was acquired from Chesapeake Beach in 1974 offers a unique and whimsical adventure for the family while enjoying many of the other fine attractions in Watkins Regional Park.
The Wonderful World of Watkins Train, Carousel, and Mini-Golf is now open for the 2021 Season!
Please be sure to follow the current guidelines in place:
- All customers will be required to wear masks/face coverings throughout their visit to the facility, except those 2 years of age and under.
- We encourage patrons to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We encourage patrons to pay using credit or debit cards.
- Train and Carousel rides are on a modified scheduled timetable due to dissenting in between rides.
- Patrons will not be allowed to congregate.
- Patrons are always to observe the CDC's requirements for social distancing at all times.
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces with CDC and EPA-approved disinfectants at least every two hours includes: Credit/Debit pin pad readers, counters, doorknobs/handles, computer screens, keyboards, etc.
- Staff will wear gloves while performing cleaning procedures.
|Spring Hours||May 1st - May 28th|
|Friday through Sunday||12 noon - 5 pm|
|Summer Hours||May 29th - August 29th|
|Tuesday through Saturday,||10 am - 7 pm|
|Sunday||12 noon - 5 pm|
|Fall hours||September 4th - September 26th|
|Open weekends only||Times|
|Saturday||10 am – 7 pm|
|Sunday||12 noon – 5 pm|
PLEASE NOTE: Ticket sales end 15 minutes prior to closing for the train and carousel, and 30 minutes prior to closing for miniature golf.
|Train or Carousel||Resident*||Non-Resident*|
|Group (10 or more)||$1.75||$2.25|
|Mini-Golf||$5.00/ person per round||$6.50/ person per round|
(Outside Skate Rentals)
We encourage patrons to pay using credit or debit cards. Cash and all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover) accepted.
*Resident: those who reside in Prince George's or Montgomery County. Proof of residency required.
Family Fun at Watkins Regional Park
From 5-7 pm, come out for select evenings of outdoor fun with friends and family! Enjoy extended hours and unlimited rides on the train and carousel, and rounds of miniature golf for one price per person. Subject to change due to inclement weather. For more information, call 301-218-6757.
PLEASE NOTE: Advanced sales are not available; purchases are made on-site each evening and are good for that date only. All major credit cards are accepted.
All ages; Resident $5/person; Non-Resident $7/person
Wonderful Wednesdays in June: Wednesday Evenings in June, 5-7 pm
Terrific Tuesdays in July: Tuesday Evenings in July, 5-7 pm
Fabulous Fridays in August: Friday Evenings in August, 5-7 pm
NEW! WHEELZ-2-GO Outside Skate Rentals
- June 1 – August 27
- Tuesday-Friday, Noon-5 pm
- $2 Resident/ $2.50 Non-Residents (30- minutes)
- Rides are first-come, first served.
- Wait times may vary depending on the volume of patrons.
- No refunds on ticket sales. Tickets are honored throughout the season.
- For safety reasons, a paying adult is required to accompany and supervise children ages 5 and under on all rides.
- No pets permitted on rides or mini-golf course. (with the exception of service animals)
- Checks are not accepted on-site! Organizations needing to pay by a company check are required to contact the Manager at 301-218-6700; TTY 301-699-2544 at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the visit to make payment arrangements.
- Rides are weather-sensitive and may be closed during inclement weather conditions.
Find the above information included in our Wonderful World of Watkins 2021 Season Flyer (PDF)